Everybody meets Raymond

/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Hiking to the falls

Today, our cell group went hiking. We visited two falls during the trip. I think they are amazing. We had a really good time.

The first one we visited is very nice. We could walk along a trail to the bottom of the fall. Kelvin and I even went behind the waterfall. Very cool. We spent at least 30 mins of fun time there.

Some of us were a bit tired after visiting this first one but we decided to visit the 2nd one, which is not very far away. This is a really tall waterfall, with about the same height as the Niagara Falls. It's too hard to get down to the bottom but just by looking at it worths the short walk.



Later in the day, the height of the fall is still clearly in my mind - but then I suddenly think - hey, the Niagara Falls are much wider and higher. HOw come I would be impressed by this? I think I have my own answer. When something amazing is seen so many times, it becomes not that amazing. Niagara Falls becomes just another tourist place in my mind. I forgot how great it actually is... Time to reappreciate all the wonderful gifts that God gave me but i may have taken for granted bcux i see them daily....

The trip also reminds me some other falls I read many years ago, that impressed me so much at that time but I would easily forget

- the Angel Fall (Venezuela) : the highest fall in the world. Niagara falls is tall, eh? Yes, it's 53m high. but it would look like a cat in front of an elephant comparing to the height of the Angel Fall, which stands 979m (yes, almost 1 km !), 20 times the height of Niagara Falls.





- the Victoria Fall (Zambia) : another amazing fall which is 1.7km wide. What's special about it is the geography of the waterfalls. I don't know how to explain it.. this is a quote from a website - it is special "because of the peculiar narrow slot-like chasm into which the water falls, so one can view the falls face-on." hmm. let me show you a pic so that I can save a thousand words here.




Amazing, eh?

1 Comments:

  • yeah...I enjoy this trip very much...
    I like this cell group picture, it's remind me how fun when we taking this pictures...kakaaaa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM, August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home