Everybody meets Raymond

/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Long TIME No Update

久違了... 整整個半月沒有update.

Not only my blog, but also the GCC blog (which I just updated earlier today)

So, what did I do in the last month?

A few time-tight projects at work.
Visited some new places.
Revisited some old places.
Met some old friends.
A few basketball games.
Watched a boring NCAA final.

That's about it.

Within these 1.5 months, there were actually a few things worth writing about, as I remember. However, once I gave myself some excuses not to write them down in my blog, these things quietly slipped away and then they are forever lost from my memory and can never be found again.

Really, one of the excuses was that I've no time. No time?

Do I really have no time? I always hope I can have 48 hours a day. I think I always don't have enough time to spend. But, am I really that busy? In fact, comparing with some other friends of mine, it's very obvious that I'm not the busiest person on Earth, and far from that. I'm busy, but not that busy!

It must be time management, or whether I use my time efficiently and wisely. Yesterday, I talked with an old friend, who told me that she is trying to cut down the time she uses on unimportant stuff. She wants to try to focus on something else for God.

I am impressed, and it also reminds me that another friend also said similar stuff about time a while ago. So, I think about myself. What can I cut down for god? TV? I don't watch much TV. Basketball? It's the only exercise I have to keep myself relatively healthy. Internet surfing? I don't do that much. I go on internet for work most of the time... Hmm... I think I am again making excuses here. Sigh.

I guess I should start from my computer. I'd try to minimize pointless browsing and meaningless mini-games (yes, I play minesweeper once a while, but I don't think I spend too much time on it).

Anyway. This is the first step. Even if it can just spare 30 min in a day (and if I can notice it), I'll be happy.

2 Comments:

  • haaa...so am I....not enough time on my daily life, really don't know where those time fly to..
    for sure I'm enjoying my every minute...kaakakaa..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 PM, April 21, 2006  

  • TIME is a very limited resource, and that's why it is valuable and why Rick Warren said, the best way to spell love is T-I-M-E. On the other hand, our desires, wishes, wants, necessities (e.g. rest, eat), responsibilities, commitments etc. are unlimited ... there'll forever be tensions and problems .. So I was told prioritizing is the key to time management .. I'm glad that you are taking some actions and working on yr time management. We are all learning too .. it's a life-long project~~ Lo lic, lo lic!!

    By Blogger po, at 12:35 PM, April 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home