Everybody meets Raymond

/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, January 23, 2006

Curling

Ever watched curling on TV?
Yes, when I was flipping channel.

Ever watched one whole curling game on TV?
Never. It looks so boring.

Will I ever play? Yes ! Our cell group just joined with another group and went curling yesterday (Jan 21). Believe it or not, IT IS FUN.

and we find out a lot about the participants too.

Best Curler: Ada
Best sweeper: Fai
Best researcher / theoriest / thinker: Kelvin

Interesting facts:
- The path of the stone would naturally curl when you push it out. The more you sweep, the less it curls.
- "Curling probably does not take its name from the motion of the stones. In the early history of curling, the rocks were simply flat-bottomed river stones which were sometimes notched or shaped; the thrower had little control over the rock, and relied more on luck than skill to win. The origins of the word "curling" are not known ..... One possible derivation is that it came from the old verb "curr" which describes a low rumble, a sound that is strongly associated with the game (curling is often called the roaring game)" (from Wikipedia)
What I learned:
- Don't always judge things with certainty until you try/experience it

2 Comments:

  • >.< it is better than I expected. unfortunately, weared wrong shoes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM, January 31, 2006  

  • Yeah. I agree! It's better than I expected. One other observation: "Even though the stone seems and feels really heavy, not a lot of force is needed to push it from one end of the court to the other." =P

    By Blogger Auriel, at 7:38 PM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home